Table of contents
What is a recruitment strategy?
A recruitment strategy is a plan of action to help you successfully identify, attract and hire the best candidates for your open roles. You can implement recruitment strategies at every step in the hiring process. They range from basic methods, like posting on job boards, to more advanced techniques, such as using a traditional recruiting agency or creating an employee referral program.
1. Treat candidates like customers.
Whether it’s a phone screening, video interview, or an in-person interview, a candidate’s first impression of your company is critical. It’s important to make them feel like you’re just as excited about getting to know them as they are about being considered for the role.
- Be respectful of their time.
- Be hospitable.
- Make yourself available.
2. Leverage social media
Social media is a fantastic recruiting tool. Social recruiting allows you to share job postings with
your entire network and encourages a two-way conversation. Even if the people you reach aren’t interested in the role you’re hiring for, they may likely know someone who is a good fit. Plus, sharing photos and videos from company events and your workplace gives potential applicants a glimpse into your company culture.
3. Implement an employee referral program
Great people usually make a habit of surrounding themselves with other qualified professionals. While many employees may already be sharing open roles with qualified contacts in their networks, a well-developed employee referral program can encourage even more of your employees to refer the best talent they know. Consider providing incentives for referrals with bonuses and contests so you can create excitement around the program.
4. Create compelling job descriptions
Writing an attention-grabbing and thorough job description is one of the most critical parts of the hiring process.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Make titles as specific as possible. The more accurate your title, the more effective you will be in grasping the interest of the most qualified and interested job seekers.
- Open with a captivating summary. Provide an overview that gets job seekers excited about the role and company.
- Include the essentials. Write out the core responsibilities, hard and soft skills, day-to-day activities, and explain how the position fits into the organization.
- Highlight your culture.
5. Make use of recruitment automation
As an effective human capital management strategy, recruitment automation uses technologies to perform recruiting processes that would otherwise be completed manually. Automation helps your company reduce the cost per hire, shorten the time period to fill the position, boost recruitment productivity, and improve internal effectiveness in your entire workforce.
Contact ShaBro Alternative Office Solutions to design your effective and affordable human resource solution today!